Chris Pratt’s 9 rules
Just a bonus. Because I’ve really enjoyed these, here are Chris
Pratt’s 9 rules from his MTV Generation Award acceptance
1. "Breathe. If you don’t, you will suffocate."
2. "You have a soul. Be careful with it."
3. "Don’t be a turd. If you are strong, be a protector. If you
are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and
intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them
against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than
4. "When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little
piece of hamburger and they won't even know they're
5. "It doesn't matter what it is. Earn it. A good deed. Reach
out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and
it's good for your soul."
6. "God is real. God loves you, God wants the best for you.
Believe that, I do."
7. "If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed
because you're going to stink up the bathroom, just do
what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out
first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush,
boom! You minimize the amount of time that the poop's
touching the air,” he said. And then he continued,
getting even more graphic. "Because if you poop first, it
takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of
it, stirring up the poop particles, create a cloud, goes
out, then everyone at the party will know that you
pooped. Just trust me, it's science."
8. "Learn to pray. It's easy, and it is so good for your soul."
9. "Nobody is perfect. People will tell you that you are
perfect just the way that you are, you are not! You are
imperfect. You always will be, but there is a powerful
force that designed you that way, and if you are willing
to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift.
Like the freedom that we enjoy in this country, that
grace was paid for with somebody else's blood. Do not
forget that. Don't take that for granted."